Monday, March 28, 2011

SF Food blog



My trip to San Francisco with Courtney, Derek and Chris was so cool. We also ate a lot. Here are two dishes from Tee Off Bar and Grill http://www.teeoffbarandgrill.com/ This restaurant was on an episode of diners, drive in-s and dives

The grilled double cut pork chop with achiote & apricot relish over garlic mash and deep fried sweet corn. It was a good dish but way too big. Double cut pork chop means it's twice as thick. It was juicy and flavorful. Too much for me.





Paul's Crafty Mac & Cheese
Mac and cheese with 4 cheeses, pancetta, ziti as pasta (I guess it isn't MAC & cheese) with salad. Quite possbily the best Mac and cheese I ever had. I would highly go back just for that dish.


One of the specials was the Crab empanadas. It was good (probably because it was deep fried). Nothing too special although the sauce has very sweet but not overly sweet.



Crabcake sandwich from Boudin's. Very good but not very crabcake like. Nice avocado pesto and very italian tasting. Very tasty in general.

New England Clam chowder in a sour dough bowl from Boudin's. San Fran makes amazing clam chowder. I think they add clam juice in it. At another place, I saw a guy pouring in a half gallon of half and half. I think that's why it tasted good too.

In & out burger ANIMAL STYLE. My goodness, I hope this would put McDonald's out of business. Very yummy. The animal style adds bacon and sauteed onions to the basic cheeseburger. You have to ask for it animal style, it's not a listed option on the menu

In & out french fries animal style. I had to request both animal style. Same topping as the burger. In all honesty, the fries stink, but the toppings make it taste so much better.

No comments: