Thursday, February 14, 2008

My #1 Bread Pudding

Happy Valentine's Day! : )

Since i don't believe in the common notion:
heart-shaped things = LOVE,
i'll offer you a slice of BREAD PUDDING instead : b



I have never tried bread pudding in my life,
EVER, until 3 weeks ago...
at the Whole Foods Market @ Columbus Circle.

When i was roaming around their cooked food
aisles in leisure (& in circles, coz everything
looked so delicious but expensive 0_o),
i heard the Warm Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
calling out to me... [insert Dreamy / Intrigued face]
Seeing that it's warm and overflowing with raisins,
i held back no more and took the chance,
i meant, i took a big scoop : D

I took a bite out of the pudding,
thinking to myself, "Eh... it's ok."
But then i was unable to control my fork
digging it into it, again and again,
despite my desire to save some dessert for later!

0_o" I wasn't hungry at all
when this incident took place.
Hence the conclusion:
I MUST LIKE BREAD PUDDING then!

So what's a girl to do?
Make it at home... DUH! : D



To be honest, neither goh goh nor i are
super enthusiastic about bread --
which explains the abundance of the
leftover Trader Joe's Cinnamon Apple
Raisin Bread, despite its good flavor combo : 0



Fear not, Bread!
You'll be put to GOOD, GOOD use ; )



Sliced & Diced bread, filling my 10x10 pan : )



The magic ingredient that makes everything tastes
10 times better: BUTTER!



"DING!" : )
Melted in the microwave,
then drizzled over the bread.



Meanwhile, crack some eggs : )
Now that's a beautiful sight, yay?



The recipe calls for milk,
which we don't have in the fridge 0_o
so i improvised and used evaporated milk instead.



That can of E. Milk wasn't enough,
so i added some more Heavy Whipping Cream.
Haa! this GOTTA taste good now,
don't you think? ; )



Add some vanilla extract + cinnamon +
Whisk Whisk Whisk : )



Pour the mixture in... Going into the oven : D



WOWWEEEEEEE!
Golden Brown & Risen ; )
I was getting dizzy at the sight & smell of this...



After it cooled down (& shrank),
i cut a piece and it was satisfying &comforting!

YAY! My new favorite dessert!!!

No comments: