Friday, December 28, 2007

Childhood comfort food

Last week, I got a pretty nasty cold : /
With minimal strength & low spirit,
i simply whipped up an easy lunch box,
with materials found in the fridge / cabinet.













I remember back in 4th Grade in HK,
Fafa already started educating me how to feed myself --
Granted, most of those microwavable packages
weren't all that spectacular,
I was well fed & somewhat fat... 0_o"

I'm not instant-food-crazy as some HK people are,
but I don't hate them either.
They kinda bring back fond memories,
& serve somewhat as comfort food.

Why am i talking about all these?
Coz I found a package of the Japanese curry 'brick,'
the kind that I used all the time back then : )
& used it to create a simple vegetarian dish over rice:













Being a 100% meat-lover,
obviously I'm not too thrilled with veggies alone.
However, curry brings out a lot of flavor,
and makes all the differences in the world! : D

For this one, i simply sauteed spinach, mushrooms,
Japanese yam cake & onions with salt, pepper
& sesame oil (all the basic ingredients);
dump the curry bricks in, stir the pot,
Pour the mixture over rice -- TAAA DAAAA! : )

So easy that everybody should be able to do it!

* then again, I think it'd taste heavenly...
if only there's meat!
(Look at that picture on the box!)
MmMMMMmmm... till next time.

No comments: