Thursday, January 3, 2008

Instant Tart... no more!

A few years ago,
when i was vaguely interested in making desserts,
but very interested in bringing something homemade,
something special for people's birthdays,
(wow, that part of me has not changed a bit!)
I decided to make an easy birthday 'pie.'

i used something that every baker would be shameful about:














Keebler Ready Crust Graham...
I remember decorating the pie with colorful M&Ms,
while mumbling to myself,
"Wow! That looks... cheap & disgusting."

I love my friends, and that was the end of those pies.

Fast forward to 2 days ago,
seeing 2 tubs of sour cream +
finding 1 sour cream tart recipe while flipping through
the beautiful book: Desserts by the Yard (Thx Jules!) --
I took it as a sign *_*

I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A TART!















Although... I'll be honest.
I still took a semi-cheat route 0_o"
I used betty Crocker's Pie crust mix...

But hey! At least i tried rolling a dough
with a wooden pin for the very first time.
I decided to add some cocoa powder also,
just to see if i can incorporate any chocolate flavor --
but i couldn't taste it at all after the crust came out...
so that was a waste -_-"



























Yard's recipe called for fresh raspberry
or red currents - neither of which i had at hand
nor was able to get coz EVERYTHING is closed on 1/1
(or so i was told).

So, hei's creativity came in and covered the tart
filled with dainty marshmallow instead! : D














Ohhhhhh...
I found myself smiling at the tart
as i took it out of the oven...
*_* Creamy, slightly brown dessert heaven!
Best paired with ice-cream / fresh fruits! : D

No comments: